Recently I have been hearing a lot of discussions concerning the “value” of Facebook likes, Real vs. Fake. As always, almost all of what I hear is wrong so I decided to achieve this post to set things straight. Let me first start with explaining the difference between a “real” like and a “fake” like. A so named “real” like is a like that is earned the “right” way… meaning that the like was completed by way of a real individual who found real value in your site or post or page or whatever and decided to provide you with kudos by “liking” it…
Now to the “fake” like; the fake like is actually a like that is certainly generated at all other than what I described above. There are a multitudes of numerous ways to get a fake like, a lot of with this post, but here are some:
1. Purchase like packages on microjob sites like Fiverr.com; you can get a few hundred to a few thousand. These likes are almost always generated using a bot (automated software program) that games Facebook security and erroneously adds dozens to thousands of likes over days or even weeks. The positive to this particular method is it is cheap… the negative is the fact bots can be often be detected by Facebook security which can lead to your Facebook page being closed down. Recently Facebook announced it’s intends to ramp up detection, you can read a great article about it here.
2. Purchase likes coming from a microworker site. This technique involves buying “credits” or “tokens” on sites like Welikehits.com. These websites enable you to setup your account together with your Facebook profile and after that other individuals get credits by liking your page or sharing,etc. You spend from $5-$100 to purchase credits which you then “spend” when someone likes your page; you can buy several thousand credits for $10-$25 normally. The main benefit of these sites is the fact that real individuals with real accounts are liking your page, no automated script or bot… the negative would be that the way these likes come your way is thru a gateway page with a set ip address… meaning that it must be quite simple for Facebook to inform that these particular were bought, and thus not count them.
Here are some of some great benefits of fake likes:
1. Usage of Facebook Analytics. Facebook only allows you to the access the analytics percentage of your cpanel When you reach 30 likes. By obtaining fake likes, you can access your computer data quicker.
2. Usage of Facebook vanity URL. Facebook allows you to possess a vanity URL only once you have 25 likes… the vanity URL is vital from the beginning, it lets you have facebook/yourkeyword again, fake likes offers you access to this feature very quickly.
3. Nobody wants to like a page that has zero likes… psychologically folks are FAR very likely to click that like button if there are already several hundred or several thousand likes.
4. SEO value. Social signals are important to SEO right now… some say just as much as 1/3 from the puzzle… no matter what the number is actually, should you do SEO you KNOW that things like followers,likes, etc play a crucial role in gfhisr keywords on Google. Should you be struggling to generate these social signals the “right” way, obtaining the fake ones is better than nothing.