A woman is walking along the street, her attire catches everybody’s eyes: she is clothed within the latest fashion. She attracts everybody’s attention, including yours, not only with her toilet, but additionally with conscious superiority. Are you delighted? Are you resentful?
Vainly! In fact, her appearance – is surely an evidence of her deep inner complexes. There is a science “psychology of clothing”, in which the concept “fashion victim” – is not a popular phrase, but a clinical diagnosis. Orientation exceptionally on the last word in fashion – is really a sign of heightened hypochondria, a woman’s psychological reliance upon other people’s opinion, uncultivated self-respect.
According to psychologists, a man, whose costume is extremely considered (no matter which one, even a skiing one), often attempts to hide his colossal diffidence and prove his value, attract attention and often to ensure his superiority with the help of some attire.
All-sufficient, steady people who have various interests usually dress in relatively easy way, not revealing, and interest in new trends reasonably, not looking for new labels. They believe quite comfortable wearing as old jeans, as an evening toilet (generally speaking, rather reserved).
Moreover, to psychologists’ opinion, one can discern some certain kind of self-consciousness behind each style.
1. Classic style. Its main feature – are moderation and traditional nature together with fashionable trends without carrying to extremes. Quite self-confident people, who do not feel any heightened necessity to prove their magnitude to many other people, moreover using Grunge Clothing, keep for this style.
2. Sporty style. Prominent organization men, bankers along with other rich men, who always used a design “costume-cravat”, suddenly began sweeping away jogging shoes, sporting cloth, rucksacks or sportive bags from counters. Yes, needless to say, today an idea of youthful appearance and healthy way of living has seized a powerful hold on our minds, but this does not mean each one of these people went set for sport or invigoration. This cloth became a standard not merely for exercising, also for rest, vacation. A turn to visible simplicity and liberation means striving of well-to-do sections to “filled with poor”, as psychologists consider.
3. Grunge style. A style of “shabby cloth” gave designers a good task! These are cutting off and out, ripping up, soaking cloth in chloric acid, pressing, imitating spots and patches knowingly – they do all these things only because a “grunge” style has come into fashion. Tattered pullovers, dresses, coming unraveled, dirty jeans are offered in leading couturier’s shops and ordinary boutiques. This is a challenge to elegance, battle with stylishness, expensive refined cloths and impeccable seams. If earlier it absolutely was impossible to travel out wearing the same dress more often than once, now “grunge” style praises scruffiness, as should it be saying: our company is wearing the identical cloth constantly!
Nevertheless, this crude “old” cloth surpasses all competitive prices. Some Levi’s models will cost more than 6 thousands of dollars! This trend, often causing associations with hippie from Beatles days, displays neglect to cloth along with a challenge to social inequality. However, psychologists take into account that a design of “chic rubbish heap”, which bourgeoisie put into its arsenal, says about its self-destruction and can even be treated as asking forgiveness for sins – similarly to medieval monastic rags.
4. Exotic (ethnic) style. Hindu, Chinese, Arabian as well as other oriental motives can be just a fashionable detail for just one people, as well as a completed style and manner of clothing for some individuals. Such choice testifies to one’s thirst for traveling, mental escape to exotic countries, where all things are not grey, like around. Exotic style, covered with bright national legends and traditions, says about one’s wish to live in a fairy-tale, escape from reality to some dream world. However it can also be a sign of belonging to culture, philosophy of some country, as an example, Buddhism.
5. Military style. Khaki color, camouflage pattern, details, peculiar to military cloth, high heavy boots – some women do like this style. You may have not as a psychologist to understand this means escape from feminine, a want to gain a foothold in these masculine qualities, like decisiveness and power. A clue to one’s fascination with uniform (and for man’s style in general) should be searched in childhood, in too strict father’s upbringing, often military people, or fathers dreaming about son and bringing up daughters, like she was a boy…
6. Country style. Variegated skirt, loose blouse, decorated with patterns, laces or drawn-work, shoes without heels, simple beads, straw hat – they are features of natural, or country style. Simple, natural cloths and simple-minded, plain pelltn are typical for it. This style can become a sign of one’s nostalgia on country life or testify about one’s ecologic views. A straw hat along with a chintz skirt say with one accord using their possessor: we have been not synthetic, our company is natural!
7. “La Femme Fatal”. This style is everlasting, but it is marked with fashionable attributes: high-heel shoes, skirt with cut, deep décolleté, strings and open-work stocking. A female-temptress, a female-vamp, oversteps the limits of elegant moderation venturesomely, and self-affirms, as an object of men’s lust. Strangely enough, the choice of this style does not always mean a woman’s heightened sexuality. We can rather state that such woman does not see some other advantages in herself, that could attract men’s attention to her and cause their delight.